Net worth Greta Thunberg: $1 million
Greta Thunberg is a Swedish climate activist who is 18 years old. When she spearheaded the most visible climate change movement in history in 2018, she became a media star. So, what is net worth Greta Thunberg?
The environmentalist has established a reputation and money for herself at such a young age.
Greta Thunberg did not study environmental science in college. Her commitment to a safer environment, on the other hand, is visible.
Her vast social media following attests to her global influence. She has also gained international acclaim for her achievements and has spoken to governments in New York and Madrid.
Related: James Gandolfini Net Worth
So, how did Greta Thunberg get famous?
Greta Thunberg has a long number of honorary titles, which are given below:
- Thunberg won a climate-change essay contest for the Swedish daily Svenska Dagbladet in May 2018. This is how she started getting attention.
- Greta had already given addresses at two United Nations gatherings when she was 16 years old.
- Thunberg was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in March 2019 for her environmental work. She was, however, lost the award to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.
- Greta made news in 2015 when she spoke out in favor of the Paris Climate Agreement, which was signed by world leaders in 2015. She did so in front of the Swedish parliament building.
- Every Friday, Thunberg would wave a “School Strike for Environment” banner, inviting other students across the world to join the initiative. She quickly gained a lot of attention, with other strikes taking place all across the world and the hashtag #FridaysForFuture spreading like wildfire.
- On September 20, 2019, Thunberg led the greatest climate change demonstration in history, which drew four million people from all around the world. Forbes’ Power Women 2019 and 30 Under 30 – Europe – Social Entrepreneurs 2020 lists both included her.
- She was voted the world’s most influential individual of the year by Time Magazine in 2019. Greta Thunberg’s net worth also began to rise as she became a household figure.
Related: Sam Hunt net worth
Greta Thunberg FAQs
When was Greta Thunberg born?
Greta Thunberg was born on 3 January 2003, in Stockholm, Sweden,
What is Greta Thunberg book?
Greta Thunberg has written and has been featured in several books. Some of them include:
- No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference
- Greta’s Story: The Schoolgirl Who Went on Strike to Save the Planet
- Our House Is on Fire: Greta Thunberg’s Call to Save the Planet
- Greta and the Giants: inspired by Greta Thunberg’s stand to save the world
- Greta Thunberg (Volume 40) (Little People, BIG DREAMS, 40)
- The Greta Thunberg Story: Being Different is a Superpower
- Extraordinary Life of Greta Thunberg
Does Greta Thunberg go to school?
Greta Thunberg returned to school after taking a break for one year.
Does Greta Thunberg have siblings?
Greta Thunberg has a younger sister called Beata Ernman.
If you want to know more about other activists, you can read our posts on Freeway Rick Ross. If it’s managers or producers, then you can read our post on Michael Bivins Net Worth.