Akon Net Worth: $80 million
Akon is an R&B singer, entrepreneur, songwriter, actor, philanthropist, and record producer.
His career began in 2003 and is now one of the most influential singers in the entertainment industry.
Akon launched his cloth line known as Konvict Clothing in 2007 and later on established a luxury clothing brand known as Aliaune.
He is also associated with the mining of diamonds in South Africa. Akon is known for his unique voice and numerous collaborations with various artists throughout his career and also for his charitable donations to improve the livelihoods of people in Africa.
In 2014, he launched Akon Lighting Africa to improve electricity connections in 15 African countries. Akon is the first solo artist to occupy the top two positions on the Billboard Hot 100.
Akon Net Worth: $80 Million.
Full Name: Aliaune Damala Badara Akon Thiam.
Date of birth: 16th April 1973, 49 years
Birth Place: St. Louis, Missouri.
Height: 5’11 [1.8m]
Profession: Singer, Actor, Songwriter
• Proposed $6 Billion projects to build a city in Senegal.
• Founded Akon Lighting Africa.
• Has his cryptocurrency known as Akoin.
• Akon has an interest in the film industry.
It is estimated that Akon makes $13.47 Million per year.
What Akon owns;
• Founded 2 successful record labels, Konvict Muzik and Konlive Distribution.
• Owns clothing lines known as Konvict Clothing and Aliaune.
• Has a $1,650,000 mansion located at Alpharetta in Atlanta, Georgia.
• Akon has a $2.685 Million palatial mansion in Woodland Hills.
• Plans to build Akon City on a 2000acre land in Senegal.
He has more than 7.7 million followers on Instagram.
Akon was born in St. Louis, Missouri on 16th April 1973. His mother, Kine Gueye Thiam was a professional dancer, and his father, Mor Thiam was a percussionist.
He spent his early childhood in Senegal and at the age of 7, they moved to Union City, New Jersey. When he and his brother were in high school, his parents moved to Atlanta, Georgia leaving them in New Jersey on their own.
Akon began his career in 2003 and he released his first album in 2004. His second album debuted number two on Billboard top 200 and by the time he was releasing his third album, he was executive producer of various artists.
He went on to release two more albums and made history as the first solo artist to have top two songs on the Billboard Hot 100. In 2012 he landed a role in the movie, Black November and two years later he landed another role in American Heist.
He has founded organizations with the mission of empowering various African countries.
Akon has managed to keep his family away from the lame light but he is rumoured to have 6 children with 4 different women.
In 2008, the singer had a gross of $12 Million, $20 Million in 2009, $21 Million in 2010 at the pick of his career, and $13 Million in 2011. On top of that, he is planning to create a city in Senegal and the city will run all transactions on his cryptocurrency, Akoin.
Akon has a 2000acre piece of land in Senegal and is building a $6 Billion city project.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How much is Akon worth? Akon is worth $80 Million.
2. Who is Akon married to? He is married to Tomeka Thiam although he is rumored to have other wives.
3. What is Akon’s real name? His real name is Aliaume Damala Badara Akon Thiam.
4. Which country did Akon come from? He was born in the United States of America and his parents came from Senegal.
5. What Akon did for Africa? He has done a lot for Africa by founding organizations to empower African youth and improve electricity connections.
6. What is Akon’s Net Worth? He has a net worth of $80 Million.
If you are interested in knowing the net worth of other singers and songwriters, you can read our posts on Van Hunt Net Worth, Sabrina Carpenter Net worth, Tamela Mann Net Worth, Glenn Frey’s Net Worth, Kenny Lattimore Net Worth, Sam Hunt net worth, Coffey Anderson Net Worth,